Today’s recipe is really full of nutrients, it is a rich pasta with vegetables. Sometimes it is difficult to incorporate vegetables into our dishes, so have at hand a recipe that is simple and can be varied is indispensable.
To this recipe, you can give another touch of flavor serving it with a couple of tablespoons of tomato sauce with chipotle, or with a little sour cream or even mayonnaise, why not?
As you will see, the list of ingredients in this recipe for pasta with vegetables is small, so is very cheap but tasty and provide a lot of energy. You don’t need rather than pasta, carrots, mushrooms and peas.
- 250 gr. short pasta (the one you want, I used penne)
- 150 gr. peas (peas)
- 1 small onion
- ½ kg of carrots
- 100 gr. mushroom
- Olive oil
- Clean the mushrooms with water, and cut off their lower stem.
- Peel the carrots and cut into slices ½ inch thick or so.
- Remove peas from the pod and wash them with purified water.
- In a pan with oil, fry the onion finely diced. When it starts to brown, add the carrots, peas and mushrooms last. Let cook the vegetables for 10 minutes over low heat.
- Meanwhile in a saucepan with salted water, cook pasta until al dente.
- When the pasta is ready, drain, put it under running cold water to stop the cooking and place in a bowl.
- Pour over the pasta cooked vegetables, and add a drizzle of olive oil, a pinch of Italian herbs (if you like) and mix carefully.
Remember that the term al dente means that the pasta is cooked on the outside but has a point of hardness in the center.
You can add other vegetables of your choice to this recipe for pasta with vegetables, for example: broccoli florets, corn, green beans, asparagus or bell peppers.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish