One of the meats that we usually prepare for Christmas dinner or New Year dinner is the pork loin. Here in Cocina Muy Facil we have already published several recipes to prepare it, and this time, we recommend this delicious pork loin in mandarin sauce.
Prepare this pork loin in mandarin sauce is not complicated, but we need to choose the most juicy and sweet mandarins we can find. To create juiciness in the meat and give that beautiful golden color, we roast the pork loin in the oven with some ingredients that give flavor and the we prepare the mandarin sauce.
As you can see from the photos, I’ve served with potato wedges and a sprig of fresh oregano for garnish, but we can also use a salad of green leaves or a Christmas apple salad.
- 1 kg of pork loin
- ½ cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 white onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup broth
- 750 ml mandarin juice
- 2 tablespoons mandarin zest
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup brandy
- 4 large potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 200 ºC
- Season and flour the pork tenderloin, removing excess.
- Heat oil in a large sauce pan, add the onion cut in quarters with the garlic, and seal the meat on all sides.
- When browned, turn off the heat and transfer the meat to a baking dish, along with its juices, onion and garlic. Add the broth and bake for 40 minutes, until the meat is tender and the broth has evaporated completely.
- Reserve the pork loin for 10 minutes at least before slicing to avoid losing juices. Discard the onion and garlic.
- To prepare the sauce, boil the mandarin juice with zest and brandy, then add the cornstarch dissolved in water, season with salt and pepper and let cook over low heat until sauce thickens and is reduced by half.
- To preapre the potatoes, peel, cut into slices and cook them in a pan with butter over low heat until browned and cooked.
You see, it’s a very simple preparation, and the recipe can be modify easily to prepare more meat, simply preparing more mandarin sauce, since a rectangular refractory is usually large enough to accommodate the meat into two pieces.
The pork loin in mandarin sauce is juicy inside thanks to we sealed the meat, while brandy just enhances the flavor of sweet mandarins.
Bon Appetite! and Merry Christmas!
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish