Christmas Eve and New Year dinners are usually loaded with dishes high in calories and protein, so a balance is essential to our health care during the holidays. To achieve this we draw on what we serve as an accompaniment to our main dishes.
With that in mind, I share with you this recipe for sauteed green beans with red onion, besides being a very economical dish and have excellent flavor, adds a good amount of healthy nutrients.
And, green beans are at their best season during the months of November and December, giving the best of their nutrients, among which include vitamins A, C, D, B6, B12, calcium, iron and magnesium. They are also an excellent source of dietary fiber and provide a really low amount of calories.
- ½ kilogram of green beans
- 1 red onion
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- Salt and black pepper
- Slice the red onion into thin slices, and remove the tips of the green beans.
- In a large saucepan place the cup of water, olive oil, a pinch of salt and a pinch of ground black pepper. Heat it before adding the green beans and onion.
- Cover the pan and cook until green beans are tender but still crisp, for about 10 minutes.
- Uncover the pan and allow to cook until the water evaporates. Try to move frequently. After 5 minutes you will notice that the green beans are fully tender and the onion has started to brown.
- Turn off the heat and add the balsamic vinegar, mix and serve.
This recipe does not require us a lot of time, no more than 25 minutos in total, in which first 10 are for preparation. As if that is not enough, we can prepare it the day before, refrigerate and heat over low heat before serving, but nothing like serving when is freshly made. In this sense, we can cook it after he have prepared the most laborious dishes, which are usually the main courses.
The taste of this sauteed green beans with red onion is slightly sweet and have the light aroma of balsamic vinegar, is perfect with the Christmas turkey or any other dish based on chicken meat or turkey meat.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish