The following recipe for creamy chicken with spinach and corn is very easy and quick to prepare, also it’s very nutritious, light and cheap. It’s for those days when you want to eat something delicious, but do not have enough time or desire to cook.
This creamy chicken with spinach and corn can be served with a sabory bread, french baguette is perfect for it. As first dish may be pasta seasoned only with olive oil and chopped parsley.
- 2 halfs of chicken breasts, skinless and boneless
- 2 bunches spinach, disinfected and cut into strips
- 2 cooked and shelled corn or 1 can of corn
- ¼ onion, sliced
- 250 ml of sour cream
- 1 tbsp. chicken broth
- ⅓ cup water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Salt and pepper the chicken and fry in a pan with a little oil and onion.
- When chicken breast are cooked, add the corn, and spinach. Add a little salt and cover. Low the heat to minimum.
- When spinach feel tender, add the chicken broth diluted in the third cup of water. Cover again.
- In a couple of minutes it will start to boil, that's when you need to add slowly the sour cream, mix until well blended.
- Let cook 4 or 5 minutes more and serve.
This recipe for creamy chicken with spinach and corn serves two persons. If you want to do for more people, the amount increases by 1 chicken piece, 1 corn and 1 bucnch of spinach per person.
Tip: If you want the the sauce more creamy, blend the sour cream with half stick of cream cheese.
Tip: If you’re using fresh corn instead of canned corn, the quickest way to cook them is to put them to boil in the pressure cooker with enough water to cover the corn, a pinch of salt and count 20 minutes since the pressure indicator has reached its peak.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish