The following recipe of chicken salad that I will share with you, is one of my favorites, the reason: it is a complete meal. In Mexico, you usually eat first a soup or a pasta and then a stew, but with this pasta salad with chicken and brocoli you have everything in one dish.
In addition, the combination of its main ingredients pasta, chicken, broccoli, and pepper results in a true delight when you add a little cream at the time of serving.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 200 gr. of macaroni pasta
- 1 medium broccoli
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 red pepper
- ½ onion
- 250 ml of sour cream
- 1 teaspoon powdered chicken broth
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan with boiling water and the tablespoon of powdered chicken broth.
- The broccoli, once washed, chop it into small branches and put it to cook in salted water.
- Cut the onion into slices and the pepper into very thin strips.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small cubes and salt them.
- Once you have the pasta al dente and broccoli is cooked, drain them and reserve.
- In a saucepan with hot oil, fry the onion and pepper. When the onion begins to soften, add the chicken, stir and cover the pan. Leave over medium heat until the chicken is cooked. Try stirring a couple of times and make sure the chicken cubes are separated.
- When you notice that the chicken is already well cooked is the time to add the pasta and stir well with what was already in the pan, so that the juice of the chicken adhere to the pasta.
- Finally, add the broccoli and mix again, and leave on low heat for 5 more minutes with the pan covered.
- When serving, place a few spoonfuls of sour cream on top of the salad.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Si esta receta o información te ha sido de utilidad, por favor, considera hacernos una donación para ayudarnos a que el contenido de Cocina Muy Fácil continúe siendo gratuito y a que nuestro equipo pueda continuar creando contenido de gran calidad. ¡Muchas gracias!