I’m not going to lie to you, one of the most common ways I serve zucchini at home is filling it out. I love doing it with the traditional mexican recipe of stuffed zucchini with ham and cheese, but I also like to do it with an Italian filling; just the recipe that I share with you today.
This recipe for Italian stuffed zucchini, is very easy and really quick, since you make it in 30 minutes, and also is served as your main dish. These stuffed zucchini are easy to accompany with a tomato sauce or cheese sauce or pasta; not rice because it’s part of the filling.
- 4 large zucchini
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 slices of bacon, in pieces
- 2 garlic cloves, in slices
- 250 ground beef
- 1 ½ cups of cooked rice
- 1 cup of tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon fine herbs
- ¼ cup of Parmesan cheese
- Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, and with the help of a small spoon, remove the center and chop it into not very small pieces
- In a saucepan with hot oil, sauté onion, bacon and garlic until lightly browned.
- Add the minced meat and sauté until it changes color and the liquid has evaporated. While it is cooking, go undoing lumps with the help of a fork.
- Meanwhile, in a pot with boiling water, cook the zucchini, making sure they no soften so much.
- Once the meat is cooked, add the rice, the tomato puree, the herbs and the center of the zucchini and sauté for a few minutes over medium heat.
- Once the zucchini are cooked, drain and refill with the hot mixture, and immediately sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese.
As you can see in the photographs, these stuffed Italian stuffed zucchini have a very appetizing and colorful presentation. If you have a little more time, you can put them in the oven at 180 ° C for 15 minutes to cook them. I prefer not to do it, because I like to enjoy its bright colors and how fresh they are.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Leave A Comment