This recipe for chicken coconut nuggets is one of those that will become a favorite of kids and adults at home. Personally, I don’t like dry coconut, for me, nothing like fresh coconut. For this reason, I think twice before making this recipe, but I must admit that when I tasted it, I was pleasantly surprised.
It is a recipe that really takes very few ingredientes, basically are chicken, coconut and other dairy ingredients. They have a slightly sweet flavor that blends perfectly with a juicy and well flavored chicken. At home, we have served it with ketchup, buffalo sauce and I’m sure that with a vinaigrette made with peaches, green chile and cranberries it will end up being a real temptation.
- 1 chicken breast without skin and bone
- Salt and pepper
- All purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 250 grams of shredded coconut
- Vegetable oil
- Cut the chicken breast into strips or cubes with a thickness of about half an inch, and season with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a bowl beat the egg, and add a pinch of salt
- Dip in flour each piece of chicken, then through egg and finally in the shredded coconut.
- In a hot pan, add vegetable oil, wait for it to warm up, lower the heat to medium and fry the nuggets, making sure of flip them when start getting golden brown, and finally you have to remove from the oil and placed in a tray covered with paper towels.
And that’s all. Serve accompanied by a green fresh salad and a sauce of your choice. To prepare the vinaigrette which I previously spoke, you should be to put on heat 1 cup of peaches in syrup, 1 green pepper and half a cup of cranberries, all chopped, until get a thick sauce.
The secret to get these chicken coconut nuggets juicy is to make a good batter and specially control the temperature, if it is not hot, the chicken will absorb the fat and will be dry, and if it is to much hot, coconut can burn.
Important to buy a good quality shredded coconut, preferably in sealed packaging. Many times shredded coconut sold in bulk in grocery stores remains stored for a long time, and on this recipe is very noticeable the difference in the quality of it.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish