This chicken salad is very tasty, and it has a sweet taste that I am sure your family will love, as it is lightly seasoned with natural yogurt and mayonnaise, two favorite flavors for children and adults.
In addition, this apple, celery and walnuts chicken salad can be served as a complete meal, you will not have to worry about an appetizer, or dessert. Also it’s ideal for summer season, as it is served cold.
Here’s the recipe:
- ½ chicken breast
- ½ cup of sliced celery (in very small pieces)
- 1 granny apple with skin, cut into small squares
- ½ cup of walnuts
- ½ cup of raisins
- 125 ml of natural yogurt
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook the chicken in a pot with water with a pinch of salt. When it is cooked, allow it to cool a little and finely chop it.
- Carefully mix the chicken, celery, apple, walnut and raisins in a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste.
- To the previous mixture, add the spoonful of mayonnaise and pour the yogurt. Stir gently until all the ingredients are well integrated.
TIP: If you do not have granny apples on hand (they are green apples), you can use any other type of apple that is within your reach. The taste of the salad will not be the same, but it will still be exquisite.
By the way, if you are dieting, this chicken salad with celery, apple and walnut will be perfect because it is very light, contains celery (one of the favorite ingredients for diets) and above all, comes out of monotony. Who said that being on a diet was synonymous with not eating rich?
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Si esta receta o información te ha sido de utilidad, por favor, considera hacernos una donación para ayudarnos a que el contenido de Cocina Muy Fácil continúe siendo gratuito y a que nuestro equipo pueda continuar creando contenido de gran calidad. ¡Muchas gracias!