National holidays are approaching in Mexico, and it is the time when the cravings for typical Mexican food are booming, we want quesadillas, gorditas, tacos, sopes, flautas, burritos, mole, charro beans, tlayudas, chiles en nogada , pozole and an infinity of dishes that are par excellence part of our culture and our gastronomy.
To give that pleasure without laborious preparations, I show you the recipe to prepare some Mexican chicken burritos. To make your work easier you can use refried canned beans, but nothing like making burritos with homemade beans.
We can serve them with avocado, sour cream or a sauce of your choice. This time, I’ve decided to use a simple mexican sauce made with boiled tomatoes, salt and chipotle chili.
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1 cooked and shredded chicken breast
- 300 gr. of refried beans (can be canned)
- 250 gr. of tomato puree
- 300 gr. of sour cream or half cream.
- 1 chopped lettuce
- Heat the tortillas in a hot pan, taking care not to brown them. Remember that flour tortillas heat up quickly.
- Mix the chicken, the beans, half the tomato puree and half the cream.
- On a flat surface, place the tortilla and distribute the previous mixture of chicken and beans on top, trying to make it to the center of the tortilla.
- Then, spread some lettuce over the meat.
- Now, roll them carefully (so that the tortilla does not break, and the filling does not come off) and place them on a plate with the joint (the part where the ends of the tortilla meet down)
- Finally, pour over each tomato puree and cream, and serve immediately.
These Mexican chicken burritos can also be made with corn tortillas. In the case of flour tortillas, as they are very flexible, we can work a little more to present them on the table. How do we do it? folding two of the ends of the tortilla and rolling perpendicularly to these ends, so that the burrito is closed on the edges. We cut in half and serve. This trick will help us to keep the filling from falling out of the burrito while we eat it.
One last tip, to give more flavor to the chicken, when boiling it, add a few sprigs of parsley to the water.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish