The chop suey or chicken stir fry is a recipe of Chinese-American origin very easy to cook, since in reality, it is only necessary to chop the meat and the vegetables, and these are cooked quickly in a wok, which aims to keep intact the flavor and aroma of the food.
If you do not have a wok, you can do it in a pan (the deeper, the better), just make sure that it is very hot when you put the ingredients, and temperature is constant.
What is important to say about the use of the wok is that it must be preheated for at least one minute, so that when the ingredients are added, it is very hot. You will notice that the recipe calls for only 2 tablespoons of oil, and the reality is that you do not need more; that is one of the advantages of sautéing vegetables and meats with this utensil.
Needless to say, besides being economical, chop suey is a very nutritious Chinese food recipe, since it has a large amount of vegetables in its preparation, and you can make it yield more if you serve it with white rice.
- 2 chicken breasts in strips
- 250 gr. of ground pork
- ½ cabbage, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, thin sliced
- 2 carrots, in cubes
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper without seeds, in strips
- 200 gr. of mushrooms, sliced
- 200 gr. of bamboo (or soybean) shoots
- 1 clove of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup of chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of corn starch
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- In a wok or a pan heat the oil, and fry the strips of chicken and ground pork, stirring constantly until both meats are completely cooked.
- Remove the meat from the pan and now add the cabbage, celery, carrot, onion, pepper and garlic and sauté for 3 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix the soy sauce, the chicken broth, the corn starch (previously dissolved in a little broth) and the ginger, and pour it over the vegetables, stir well and wait until the sauce boils and thickens .
- Again place the chicken and pork meat in the pan with the rest of the ingredients, and sauté for three minutes.
TIP: For your chop suey to be delicious, aromatic, and retain all the flavor of the ingredients, its texture and color, you must keep the wok (or the pan) where you cook it very hot, and stirring constantly is the secret. You should also remember that the texture of the vegetables after cooking must be crispy, so you should avoid overcooking.
As you may have noticed, chicken chop suey is one of the easiest meals to prepare of the Chinese cuisine as already mentioned and so delicious.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Si esta receta o información te ha sido de utilidad, por favor, considera hacernos una donación para ayudarnos a que el contenido de Cocina Muy Fácil continúe siendo gratuito y a que nuestro equipo pueda continuar creando contenido de gran calidad. ¡Muchas gracias!