Writing the title of the recipe, I remembered that old song from the 80’s, “Pollito con papas” from a group called The Super Show of the Vázquez. Maybe many of you do not remember the song, maybe you did not know it, but for many years it was a cumbia that, in addition to playing at all the parties, it was also played at the supermarket.
History aside, and away from the double meaning that can have that expression, we will focus on the dish, and today we will prepare a rich rosemary chicken with potatoes, a recipe that besides being very easy to prepare is very economical. The addition of rosemary gives an exceptional aroma and flavor that sure will whet the appetite to everyone at home.
- 6 thighs or chicken legs without skin
- 8 small potatoes cut in half
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- The juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- In a bowl, mix olive oil, lemon juice, rosemary and garlic. Shake vigorously.
- Salt and pepper the pieces of chicken and with the help of a spoon, bathe them with the previous mixture.
- In a hot pan, carefully place the thighs or legs of chicken and cook, turning constantly so they do not burn.
- Immerse potatoes in the remaining of the previous mixture and add them to the pan with the chicken (once they have sealed on both sides). Try to place the potatoes in such a way that they are not piled up so that their cooking is uniform.
- Wait until the chicken and potatoes are cooked to serve. If you notice that the chicken is very hard, you can cover the pan so that it cooks better.
Few ingredients, few steps and great flavor are the characteristics of this rosemary chicken with potatoes. We accompany it with a soup, fresh tortillas, a good sauce and fruit water.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Leave A Comment