December is here! and we continue with the task of finding the best recipes for Christmas and New Year. This week, our proposal is a creamy lemon chicken, a Christmas recipe that has a great taste and we can prepare without using the oven.
You know that chicken is one of the most noble meat, and it always combine wonderfully with lemon. It’s as if both ingredients were right for each other.
Thinking about Christmas dinner, I opted to use chicken breasts because them look much better on the table and are juicy and tender if we cook it the right way. However, if the budget does not allow it, or if we prepare this for any weekday, there’s no problem in using other chicken parts such as legs or thighs.
- 4 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- ½ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 4 lemons
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 white onion
- 10 mushrooms
- Salt and black pepper
- Parsley leaves for garnish
- In a bowl combine the flour with a pinch of salt and pepper. We passed through this mix the chicken making sure it is well covered.
- In a large saucepan we melt the butter and fry in it the chicken breasts on both sides until golden.
- When chicken is golden, squeeze lemons over chicken and add finely sliced onion.
- Immediately once the onions begin to soften, add the chicken broth and cover the pan. Once it begins to boil, temper evaporated milk adding a few tablespoons of hot broth and mix, then add the evaporated milk to the saucepan.
- Finally, add the sliced mushrooms, lower the heat and cover the pan, allowing to cook for half an hour or until chicken is cooked.
- To serve, garnish with coarsely chopped parsley.
As you may have noticed, is a very simple recipe to prepare, but no stops being irresistible. We can serve accompanied by a rich mashed potatoes and can not miss on the table some savory bread.
When serving this creamy lemon chicken, do not forget to put a good portion of mushrooms and onion on each plate, after all, is what gives texture, taste and sight to the plate. If you have not homemade chicken broth, remember that you can replace it with water and add, once hot, one teaspoon chicken broth powder, or just a little salt.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish