When we talk about fast food, kings are always: pizza, fried chicken, hot dogs, tacos and burgers of course, being the fried chicken and burgers preferred by children. And I’m sure that you can not deny me that when it comes to bringing to eat out to children, they always end up asking to go to Kentucky, McDonalds or Burger King, which to be honest, nor are the healthiest or cheaper options . Come on, we do not even know anything about the freshness of the ingredients or how the meat is prepared, among other things.
Just for this reason, it is very good to learn how to make hamburgers at home, plus the fact that they are really exquisite and nothing have to ask to the big chain burgers. If any or some of you are thinking about buying the meat ready for burgers in the super, bad idea!, they are loaded with sodium and are found, from the insipid to the inedible.
To prepare the hamburger meat we not need any more that basic ingredients, they are ground beef, onion, parsley, salt and pepper, resulting in incredibly juicy and flavorful burgers: meaty flavor, which is the most important. For assembly, I put in the recipe the ingredients that I like to go with them, such as lettuce, tomato, bacon, pickled jalapenos and carrots, cheese and ketchup, but these are completely optional and will go according to the taste of each one.
I should warn you, after trying the homemade burgers it will be difficult to you return to those fast food restaurants, but also your family often will ask you to make burgers. And why not? if they are easy to make, and are perfectly healthy since we know that the ingredients are fresh.
- 600 grams of ground beef
- 1 white onion
- 1 bunch of parsley
- 1½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 hamburger buns
- 6 slices of yellow cheese
- 12 slices of bacon
- lettuce leaves
- 3 saladet tomatoes or 1 beef tomato
- pickled jalapenos
- First thing we do is to disinfect the parsley and chop finely, do the same with the onion.
- Then in a large bowl, mix ground beef with parsley, onion, salt and pepper until thoroughly blended.
- Divide meat mixture into six equal parts, and we shape the burger patties.
- Heat a skillet or griddle and sprinkle a little oil. In it, cook the burgers, 3 to 4 minutes per side, until cooked.
- A minute before removing from heat, place a slice of yellow cheese over the meat and if possible, cover the pan, so that the cheese begins to melt.
- In the same pan without adding oil, cook bacon until browned.
- Finally, assemble the burgers. To do this, put on bread mayonnaise and mustard , then put the the ingredients in the following order, from bottom to top: lettuce, tomato, burger patty with cheese, bacon, pickled jalapenos and ketchup.
Important to say that in order of burgers retain their juice we must take care of no over-cooking, so it is only necessary to turn once while we cook, just as the juice begins to form on the top and the bottom is golden.
I can not finish this recipe without giving you a little trick in order to the burgers have a perfect finish, and that is, when shaping, you have to make a slight hole in the top center of the patty with your finger thumb. With this, we avoid that meat swells in the center when is cooking, causing not a flat perfect patty, as it should be.
By the way, you will notice in the pictures of these homemade burgers, a curious bottle of mustard, it is the Dijon mustard of the Maille brand , which today can be found in many supermarkets in Mexico and the truth is that it is very rich and very different McCormick mustard, which is commonly found in Mexico and for sure we have all had.
Occasionally, we have to give us the opportunity to try other brands, in one of those, we found something we thought we did not like ), we actually do like, It happened to me with mustard!
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish