This corn cake with condensed milk is one of the easiest Mexican desserts to bake, since it has few ingredients and you only need a blender, a glass baking dish and the oven. I decided to prepare it this Sunday, and I was surprised at how fast and easy is to prepare.
- 500 grams cooked corn kernels
- ¾ can of condensed milk
- ¾ cup of flour
- 45 grams of butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons vanilla essence
- ½ tablespoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350ºF) for 10 minutes.
- In the blender, place wet ingredients: condensed milk, eggs, and vanilla essence.
- Add corn kernels and process until a smooth mixture remains.
- Add butter to the blender and process for one more minute.
- Pour mixture into a bowl, and gradually add the sifted flour along with the baking powder. Mix until the flour has been perfectly integrated into the corn mixture.
- Grease a glass baking dish with butter, and then flour it.
- Finally, pour the batter in the baking dish and bake for approximately 50 minutes.
- Corn cake is ready when a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. You will notice that even a golden layer forms on the top of our corn cake when it is ready.
- Let it cool before serving.
Corn bread can be served alone, or with a topping to enhance its flavor. For example:
- Strawberry jam
- Caramel sauce
- Cajeta or Dulce de Leche.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish