Everyone has their own recipe for French toast, and many of us have enjoyed it in our homes since our childhood. We can not deny that it is truly delicious as well as easy, so it is the perfect breakfast to start our day.
On this occasion, instead of the classic French toast, I share a French toast recipe filled with strawberry jam to give it a different touch in flavor and presentation. You can use the jam that you like the most, at home, we like to use the strawberry, blackberry, the pear and even the fig jams.
- 1 pack of white bread or 2 sliced medium baguettes
- Jam (plum, strawberry, blackberry, raspberry)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup of evaporated milk
- ½ can of condensed milk
- Vegetable oil or butter
- ½ cup of sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- First, we spread jam to our liking in half the slices of bread, and cover them with the rest of the slices, forming sandwiches.
- Beat the eggs with the vanilla and ½ cup of evaporated milk until they are well incorporated.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium heat.
- Submerge the marmalade sandwiches in the previous mixture, taking care to do it from both sides. Drain the excess and pass to the pan ..
- Fry the sandwiches one by one in the heated oil or butter, on both sides until they are golden brown and place them on a tray with absorbent paper to remove excess fat.
- Mix the sugar with the cinnamon and pass our French toasts for this mixture, making sure that they are well impregnated but without excesses.
- Prepare a sweet sauce by boiling the rest of the evaporated milk with condensed milk for a couple of minutes
- To serve, you can bathe the bread with the sweet sauce. You can split each French toast in half forming triangles and decorate with strawberries, cherries or some fresh fruit of your choice.
If you serve this delicious French toast at breakfast or dinner, accompany it with a fruit salad will be a good combination that will help you to introduce into your diet a greater portion of fresh fruits.
And finally, if you do not feel like preparing the sweet sauce, simply add a few strands of condensed milk and they will be perfect.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Si esta receta o información te ha sido de utilidad, por favor, considera hacernos una donación para ayudarnos a que el contenido de Cocina Muy Fácil continúe siendo gratuito y a que nuestro equipo pueda continuar creando contenido de gran calidad. ¡Muchas gracias!