When it comes to making desserts, I always like to add some fruit to them, because there’s nothing that gives so much magic to a food such as fresh fruit.
In late spring an summer, it’s easy to find in our markets red plums, a fruit that is very juicy. And, although I usually prefer to eat them fresh, I can not deny that baked is exquisite, and as example, this plum almond tart.
- 200 grams of flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 100 grams of butter
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg
- 150 grams of butter
- 3 eggs
- 75 grams of almonds
- 75 grams of flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 400 grams of red plums
- First we're going to prepare a shortcrust pastry. So, we will need very cold cubed butter. In a bowl, place the flour mixed with salt, add the cutter and rub quickly with your hands until you have a sandy texture. Then add the egg and water, mix and empty the dough on a floured surface. Form a circle, wrap with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Using a food processor or blender, grind the almonds until it looks like flour.
- In a bowl place the butter, sugar, eggs, ground almonds, all-purpose flour, baking powder and vanilla extract. Beat until get a smooth dough.
- Cut the plums into quarters and remove the seeds.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Using a rolling pin, extend the dough on a floured surface until it exceeds 5 centimeters by the size of our tart pan. Put it into the mold and cut the excess dough with a knife.
- Empty the almond-flour dough on the base of the tart trying to cover all the surface.
- then, Place the plums over it, pressing down slightly. We do not care about the arrangment, since the dough will rise and them will be hidden.
- Finally, add some chopped almonds for garnish.
- Bake for 30 - 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
The texture of this plum almond tart is a bit sandy, soft, not too dry, and the flavor is very delicate. Results in a very light cake, since actually half of the dough is based on almonds, thereby reducing the amount of flour.
To accompany its delicate flavor, I suggest accompany a delicious cup of tea.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish