Many of you know that I like to bake bread at home, as well as it’s simple, it’s tasty, and allow us to better control the quality of ingredients we use. This time, taking advantage that we can still find some fresh strawberries, I share with you the recipe for this delicious strawberry yogurt loaf cake.
It’s a moist loaf cake, thanks to the strawberries, but rather we can change them by fresh blueberries or blackberries. It’s not too sweet bread, not beyond the sweetness that berries provide. It’s wonderful the coloring that they give to the bread.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour + 1 tablespoon
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup instant dry milk powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 12 fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 180ºC, and grease a loaf pan.
- In a bowl, combine 2 cups of flour, sugar, milk powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl, combine plain yogurt, eggs, and vegetable oil until well blended.
- Add liquid ingredients mixture to dry ingredients and stir until blended.
- Wash, disinfect and cut the leaves of strawberries. Dry them with a paper towl, cut in thick pieces and toss them with the extra tablespoon of flour.
- Add strawberries to batter and gently fold them.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes until a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Let the strawberry yogur loaf cake cool for 20 minutes before removing form pan.
This strawberry yogurt loaf cake must be accompanied with a glass of milk or a cup of tea. Because of its low sugar content is ideal for people living with diabetes, a slice is equivalent to 25 carbohydrates and is equivalent to two starch exchanges.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish