I know a few people who do not like chocolate, and many that fascinates them, and just to them, the chocolate chip cookies are their favorite. Today, there are several commercial brands of cookies to choose from. They are for example, Nabisco’s Chips Ahoy, Marinela’s Triki-Trakes and Gamesa’s Chokis. And while they are a quick option to give us a taste, nothing like homemade chocolate chip cookies.
And the truth is to cook them is not complicated, has its own charm and gives you the advantage of making them healthier and even decide if you want them softer or crispier. The recipe I show you today, carries in his ingredients natural oats, so we reduce the amount of flour without losing flavor and without we notice when eaten.
- 100 grams of natural oats (not instant)
- 125 grams of butter, softened
- 75 grams of refined sugar
- 75 grams of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 125 grams of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 170 grams of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Our first step to prepare the cookie dough will grind oats until fine, we can do it with a food processor or blender, without adding any liquid.
- Next, using a blender, cream together butter, refined sugar and brown sugar.
- Then, add the egg and vanilla and continue beating.
- In a separate bowl, mix the oats with the flour, baking powder and salt, then add to the egg mixture. Work the dough until everything is well blended.
- To finish the dough, add chocolate chips and incorporate them with a spatula.
- We put in a baking sheet a piece of wax paper and place_ dough balls (you can do it with an ice cream scoop). It is not necessary flat the balls, themselves will spread during baking, so it's important to leave enough space between each piece.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, depending on how crispy we want them . Remember that cookies will harden once they cool, so you should not fear that they are raw.
- Take the cookies from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
If you want to further enrich these chocolate chip cookies, add to cookie dough a few chopped nuts or white chocolate chips or a few pieces of dark chocolate. Must be accompany with a glass of milk, and are a delicious snack for children who have now returned to classes.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish