Over the weekend a reader told me that she was already looking for easy Christmas recipes, so that although it is still November, I will begin to share some recipes to celebrate Christmas and New Year.
I know many of you prefer to serve on these dates something untraditional, either for lack of time, for economy, because you don’t know how to prepare the most representative dishes or just for be different. So, the proposal is this delicious Asian marinated chicken, flavorful, visually striking and really easy.
You will see that the process is very simple, the marination time can range from one to 24 hours, and prepare the marinade does not take more than 5 minutes. Of course, the higher marination time is, the better the taste.
Today, it is easy to find in supermarkets sesame oil and fresh ginger, both at affordable prices.
- 6 skin-on chicken pieces
- ½ cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of sesame seeds
- In a large container mix soy sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic, sesame oil and pepper.
- Then marinate the chicken, placing the pieces in the container and ensuring that they are impregnated.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for two hours. heat up a pan and seal the chicken pieces on both sides for two minutes, then add the remaining marinating sauce and cover. Allow to cook for half an hour over low heat, turning the pieces occasionally.
- Serve sprinkling sesame seeds over chicken.
You will notice that to this recipe I have not added salt and is for the simple reason that soy sauce is salty, so we can dispense with the salt without any problem.
By sealing and then cover and give enough time to cooking, chicken will be crispy on the outside and very soft inside. I left the chicken skin as this will help to maintain the juiciness of the meat.
To serve this Asian marinated chicken will only need to prepare white rice flavored with bay leaves, and decorate with some chopped scallions or herbs.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish