Surely I’m not the only one who’s this happened. I buy a brunch of celery for a recipe that only uses a pair of stalks and I ended with a large remaining celery. When that happens, I do not hesitate to make a chicken salad with celery, apple and walnuts, because personally I enjoy more raw celery. And sometimes I make this recipe for chicken and celery, a recipe that has only two main ingredients, so it’s also easy and inexpensive.
When is freshly made, the flavor of our chicken and celery is not very strong, but if we do it overnight we’ll find that the flavor is very intense, so those who like celery will love it. To make the flavor and experience even better, I recommend to you let the chicken cooking to the point that it is easily and effortlessly bone off.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 pieces of skinless chicken
- 6 stalks of celery
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper
- Cut celery into small cubes
- Melt butter in a pan, when it starts to turn brown add the chicken pieces to seal, making sure they take a light golden brown.
- Then, add celery and saute for a couple of minutes, then add chicken broth.
- Cover the pan and low the heat, allow to cook until the chicken is cooked through and tender, and broth is reduced, about 30 minutes.
Being the celery the star ingredient in this recipe, we do not need more than accompany with a simple white rice. If you have at hand a little white wine, you can use it instead of chicken broth, you will see that is even better.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Leave A Comment