Something I like to do to save time in the morning without sacrificing a good energizing breakfast is to bake, on Sunday, a loaf cake or muffins and store them in a sealed container, ready for use during the week, saving me from making everyday a sandwich of ham and cheese or fruit jam, that in addition tires my palate so easily.
I’ve left you here my recipe for strawberry yogurt loaf cake and the recipe for chocolate chip cookies, both are our favorite. I owe you the recipe for a perfect banana bread, but this time I want to share the recipe for chocolate muffins, so delicious you have to try them.
In this recipe I use buttermilk, a popular dairy ingredient in the United States, but hard to find in Mexico. I must say it really gives a great texture and fluffiness to bread.
Fortunately, we can make buttermilk at home, and is as easy as putting on a glass some milk (in the required amount the recipe calls for), add a tablespoon of lemon juice (or white vinegar), stir and let stand for 5 minutes, after that, milk will have begun to thicken, being ready for use.
- 175 grams of flour
- 50g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 75 grams sugar
- ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 90 grams of butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- First, in a bowl mix all the dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In another bowl beat the eggs with the sugar until they fluff, then add the vanilla extract, buttermilk and melted butter; mix until blended.
- Next, add the liquid mixture to the dry ingredients, integrating smoothly, taking care of not to overwork the dough.
- In a muffin tray place liners, grease them with a little of butter or oil spray. Fill up to three quarters with prepared mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
As you will notice, prepare these chocolate muffins has nothing to shout about. Following the instructions we can have them ready in 30 minutes. Remember, when we bake the eggs should be at room temperature.
As the pictures show, this chocolate muffins are really fluffy and very juicy. To enrich even more, we can add to the mix some chocolate chips or chopped nuts. To accompany them, nothing better than a glass of milk.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Leave A Comment