Chicken is one of the most meat we consume in Mexico, as well as that goes very well with our traditional cuisine is economical, and being a noble meat, allows us to accompany it with almost anything.
Today, I share a very simple recipe, similar to the Asian marinated chicken that we recommended for Christmas party, but with ingredients that we usually have in our kitchen. It is a honey glazed chicken with garlic.
To prepare it, you need as basic ingredients such as garlic, butter, lemon, honey and herbs.
I had already told you before, that when it comes to herbs most often I use a mixture of dried Italian herbs, which consists of oregano, thyme, basil and rosemary primarily, but if we don’t have this mixture, we can use any of these we have at hand.
- 6 pieces of skinless chicken
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon of tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon of Italian herb mix (thyme, oregano, basil and rosemary)
- Salt and pepper
- First thing we do is to season the chicken with salt, pepper and Italian herbs, trying to press with your fingers so that they adhere to the meat.
- In a large saucepan we melt the butter and add the garlic cloves finely chopped or crushed, and add the chicken pieces until they are sealed on both sides.
- In a bowl we mix honey, lemon juice, soy sauce and olive oil, and add to the pan .
- Lower the heat to a minimum, cover the pan and let cook until chicken is cooked through, stirring occasionally to distribute the glaze over the chicken.
As you can see it is a very simple recipe, but different rather than how we are used to eating chicken. I must clarify that it is not very sweet, since herbs and soy sauce balance the flavors.
To accompany this honey glazed chicken with garlic, do not need more than a green salad to give freshness to our plate, and why not, some vegetables served with butter.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish