Mexican cuisine is frequent theme in Cocina Muy Facil, that’s because at home we are very proud of it. Today’s recipe is for prepare Queen poblano chile strips, a recipe with only four main ingredients, where the hardest part is roasting, peel and devein chiles.
Of course, who wants to make preparation even easier, can choose to buy the frozen poblano chile strips, easily found in supermarkets. Personally, I prefer to prepare them at home, as I believe frozen poblano chiles have a somewhat sweet taste that does not appeal to me.
The first time I prepare these Queen poblano chiles strips was also the first time I did a bain-marie in the oven. To do this, is important to place a cloth in the center of the large tray, to prevent the small container moves when the water boils. Also is important to place the small container in the large before filling this with hot water.
- 8 poblano chiles
- 150 grams of grated Chihuahua cheese
- 2 eggs
- 350 ml of evaporated milk
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 180ºC and spread with butter a baking dish.
- Our fist step will be grill the chiles on a comal, put in a plastic bag and then retire the skin, veins and seeds. Cut into thin strips.
- Arrange poblano chile strips in the baking dish, layered with Chihuahua cheese.
- In a bowl, mix the eggs with evaporated milk and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Empty the egg mixture into the baking dish and cover it with foil. Place the baking dish in a bain-marie into the oven and allow to cooki for 25 minutes until set.
The Queen poblano chile strips are ideal for serving at breakfast or dinner, and why not? as an accompaniment to any Mexican dish. We must serve them hot to enjoy its unique juicy and tender texture.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish