Now you know, I love trying new recipes, and am of those who believes that eating healthy does not have to be boring, and that’s just what I found in this recipe for spinach stuffed potato roll, inspired by the book Cocina Saludable de Doña Lupita, recipe that I modified to reduce some amounts of fat, intensify the flavor of the main ingredients and ensure that the puree will not break when spooled .
It is a dish that can serve us to accompany any grilled meat, or we can serve as starter for a three-course meal, I really enjoyed to serve it with chicken in olives sauce because fresh parsley contrast with the texture and flavor of the stew.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of cream cheese
- ½ cup cream
- 45 grams of butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan with enough water and salt, boil the potatoes until tender. Once cooked, peel them and crush to form a puree; add half the butter, finely chopped parsley and set aside.
- Put the eggs in a pot of water, cover when begin to boil and wait for 5 minutes and turn off. Leave in the covered pot for another 5 minutes, then remove the skins and chop finely.
- Wash and chop the spinach, cook in a pan with the remaining butter. When reduce volume, low the heat and add the cream, boiled eggs, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Mix and cook 2 minutes more. Let cool for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Divide mashed potatoes into two equal parts and extend each one into a rectangle on plastic wrap. Put half of the spinach mixture at one end, and roll up (helping you with the plastic wrap). Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- When placing on plates, remove plastic wrap and cut into slices.
The spinach stuffed potato roll is an exquisite combination of textures. Potato gives softness, parsley a crispy touch, and spinach filling is very creamy. It’s a dish full of good nutrients and the presentation looks great on the table.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Este rollo de papa tan sofisticado tengo que probarlo.
Ya te contare como me va con el, a mi marido le encantara pues es amante de la papa, de la espinaca y del huevo.
Gracias por compartir esta delicia.
Tatiana, creme que no tiene nada de sofisticado, es muy sencillo de preparar, aunque da un resultado realmente impresionante. Ojalá te quede rico, si lo haces, pásanos una foto de tu resultado en Facebook ¿te parece? un abrazo!