Now you know, I love trying new recipes, and am of those who believes that eating healthy does not have to be boring, and that’s just what I found in this recipe for spinach stuffed potato roll, inspired by the book Cocina Saludable de Doña Lupita, recipe that I modified to reduce some amounts of fat, intensify the flavor of the main ingredients and ensure that the puree will not break when spooled .
It is a dish that can serve us to accompany any grilled meat, or we can serve as starter for a three-course meal, I really enjoyed to serve it with chicken in olives sauce because fresh parsley contrast with the texture and flavor of the stew.
- 4 large potatoes
- 2 bunches of spinach
- 2 eggs
- 100 g of cream cheese
- ½ cup cream
- 45 grams of butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Salt and pepper
- In a saucepan with enough water and salt, boil the potatoes until tender. Once cooked, peel them and crush to form a puree; add half the butter, finely chopped parsley and set aside.
- Put the eggs in a pot of water, cover when begin to boil and wait for 5 minutes and turn off. Leave in the covered pot for another 5 minutes, then remove the skins and chop finely.
- Wash and chop the spinach, cook in a pan with the remaining butter. When reduce volume, low the heat and add the cream, boiled eggs, cream cheese, salt and pepper. Mix and cook 2 minutes more. Let cool for 15 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Divide mashed potatoes into two equal parts and extend each one into a rectangle on plastic wrap. Put half of the spinach mixture at one end, and roll up (helping you with the plastic wrap). Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.
- When placing on plates, remove plastic wrap and cut into slices.
The spinach stuffed potato roll is an exquisite combination of textures. Potato gives softness, parsley a crispy touch, and spinach filling is very creamy. It’s a dish full of good nutrients and the presentation looks great on the table.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish