In these days of summer, where the heat is at maximum we like to eat fresh salads, cold desserts, ice cream, and the like. That is why, it is a good time to prepare this chicken and black bean salad with orange vinaigrette.
This is a recipe that also has only 15 grams of carbohydrates per serving, which is equivalent to a cup, making it a complete food ideal for people living with diabetes, and of course, for those who are on diet or need a diet low in carbohydrates and high in protein. But hey!, to eat healthy we not need to have any of the above conditions.
- 400 grams of chicken breast without skin or bone
- ½ red bell pepper
- ½ green bell pepper
- ¼ of onion
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 green chile
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Pistachios (optional)
- First, season the chicken breast, cut it into medium cubes, and fry in a pan with olive oil until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, cut into small cubes the bell peppers and onion. Finely chop the cilantro and green chile, then drain the black beans.
- Prepare the vinaigrette by combining the vinegar, olive oil, orange juice and salt in a jar, stirring vigorously until the salt dissolves.
- In a bowl, mix the chicken, peppers, onions, beans, cilantro and green chile to form the salad. n a bowl, mix the chicken, peppers, onions, beans, cilantro and green chile to form the salad. Finally, add the orange vinaigrette and serve, sprinkling chopped pistachios on top.
As I’ve said before, this chicken and black bean salad with orange vinaigrette is very fresh, and the combination of orange with black beans and cilantro is simply exquisite. To give it a crunch and contrast the sweet orangewhen serving I added some chopped pistachios.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish
Si esta receta o información te ha sido de utilidad, por favor, considera hacernos una donación para ayudarnos a que el contenido de Cocina Muy Fácil continúe siendo gratuito y a que nuestro equipo pueda continuar creando contenido de gran calidad. ¡Muchas gracias!