Like burgers, pizza is one of those foods I prefer to cook at home, and it is really simple to make, much cheaper, and also more flavorful. Sometimes, I make whole wheat, and many other with all-purpose flour. For the topping or filling, usually I use what I have in the pantry, unless it has already been in my plans to make pizza.
A coouple of weeks ago, I made this version of mexican pizza, I’ve added hamburger meat that we bought in the supermarket to try, as usual, we ended up staying with homemade burgers, but if you don’t have this type of prepared meat, just use ground meat.
About the baking pizza sheet, you will notice in the pictures that I have not had to buy a special pan for this, my cookie sheet works perfectly, but of course, I end up with a rectangular pizza and not a round pizza as usual, but what matter!
- 500 grams of flour
- 11 grams of instant yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1¼ cup warm water
- In a bowl place the warm water, add the sugar and dissolve yeast in this mixture. Let stand in a warm place until fluffy and doubled in size, about 10 minutes.
- On a flat surface, forms a fountain with the flour and add salt, olive oil and yeast already activated.
- Gradually, from the inside out put together all the ingredients, knead until the dough has a body and is not sticky.
- Grease with olive oil a large bowl and place the dough there. Cover with a damp cloth and let rest for 15 minutes or until doubled size.
- Preheat oven to 250.
- After this time, using a rolling pin spread the dough, giving the shape of your pan, leaving about half a centimeter thick.
- Place dough on greased tray and make small holes evenly with a fork. Let stand for 10 minutes and then bake for 5 minutes.
- Remove the base of the pizza from the oven and allow to cool.
- In a saucepan, fry the chorizo and garlic clove finely chopped without adding oil. When it begins to drop his fat, add the hamburger meat previously chopped (or ground beef). Season with salt and pepper and cook until the meat is cooked and the chorizo is browned.
- Once the base for pizza has cooled varnish it with olive oil; distribute the tomato sauce, the grated Chihuahua cheese, chorizo and beef mixture, sliced onion, bell pepper into julienne and sliced green chilies. Finally, season with a little olive oil and ground pepper.
- Bake again for 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
At home, we like that the pizza be thin and crisp, maybe that’s one of the reasons why we avoid commercial pizzas, so the amounts I show in the list, pay me to make two pizzas (or pizza and stromboli or calzoni or cheese balls), but if you like a thicker, do not hesitate to use the full amount and make only one pizza.
The flavor of this mexican pizza you can imagine it, well melted cheese, a little spicy, the smell of chorizo and homemade tomato sauce. Of course, you can opt for other cheeses like manchego or traditional mozzarella, and even if you want to make it faster, you can use a bottle of tomato sauce. To be honest, while I wait for rise the dough, I have enough time to make the tomato sauce, grate the cheese and prepare the toppings.
Esta entrada también está disponible en: Spanish